Leigh Bardugo’s ‘Shadow & Bone’ And ‘Six Of Crows’ Are Being Adapted Into A Netflix Series
- Leigh Bardugo’s NYT and USA Today bestselling Grishaverse books will finally come to life on screens around the world for the first time, in an all-new Netflix original series.
- Eric Heisserer (Bird Box, ARRIVAL) will adapt and serve as showrunner for the series, which brings together the stories and characters of both Shadow and Bone and Six of Crows, two overlapping series that take place in Bardugo’s Grishaverse. The series reunites Heisserer with 21 Laps (Stranger Things), who produced his Oscar-nominated film ARRIVAL. Pouya Shahbazian (the Divergent series) also serves as an executive producer.
- With over 2.5 million copies sold in the English language alone, Bardugo’s Grishaverse books have been translated into 38 languages around the world and counting. A new installment of the Grishaverse, King of Scars, comes out later this month.
- Logline: In a world cleaved in two by a massive barrier of perpetual darkness, where unnatural creatures feast on human flesh, a young soldier uncovers a power that might finally unite her country. But as she struggles to hone her power, dangerous forces plot against her. Thugs, thieves, assassins and saints are at war now, and it will take more than magic to survive.
- Episodes: 8 Episodes
- Shadow and Bone is a Netflix production.
- Creator / Writer / Showrunner / Executive Producer: Eric Heisserer
- Author and Executive Producer: Leigh Bardugo
- Executive Producers: Pouya Shahbazian (New Leaf Literary & Media) and Shawn Levy, Dan Levine, Dan Cohen and Josh Barry for 21 Laps